New Acquisitions for January 2014
- MS 421 Grohe Family papers, 5 linear feet of assorted family papers including correspondence and photographs
- MS 422 Pals Social Club records, 1 box (1 foot) of photographs, news clippings, programs and assorted materials documenting Pals Club social events and presentations
- MS 005 League of Women Voters of the San Antonio Area records, 5.25 feet comprised of administrative records, including subject files, planning materials and meeting minutes
- MS 154 Carl Lahser papers, 8GB (2 thumbdrives) containing images, short stories, and poetry from travel trips
- UA 19.03.01 UTSA. Admissions Office, .5 linear feet of 4 VHS casettes of recruitment videos, 1 unlabeled Zip disk
Rare Books: 34 Titles [January Title List]
Book of homes 1923 / compiled with the assistance of J. Sarsfield Kennedy, H. Silverstein, R. C. Hunter & Bro., including specimens by the American Home Builders Corpor’n.
25 floor plans with cost and info including the architect of the design, illustrations, photos of exteriors with several interior shots, and articles by various authors that include: Beautifying and protecting homes – new development in the treatment of building exteriors; How to buy or build a home; Waterproofing protects investment value; The importance of rust-proofing your house; Beautiful homes built of ashes; Finding the means to own a home; and The development of wall paper.
Cuisine at the Hacienda de los Morales / collaborators, Diana Kennedy … [et al. ; translation, Carole Castelli].
English-language edition of a profusely-illustrated cookbook derived from the cuisine of the noted restaurant established in the hacienda in 1967. With much on actual preparation. [booksellers description]