New Acquisitions for January 2013
- MS 404 National Association for Bilingual Education records, 39 boxes of NABE records from 1977-2009 containing correspondence, administrative files, legislative lobbying materials, audio-visual materials, and materials relating to the administration of is conferences.
- MS 401 Joske’s Quarter Century Club, 2 boxes of photograph albums, scrapbooks, employee newsletters, and more, including a Joske’s credit card and a signed check.
- UA 11, UTSA. College of Public Policy, 1 box with materials regarding a proposed public administration doctoral program.
- UA 15.01.15, UTSA. ITC. Research and Collections Department, 8 boxes of materials from Sara Gould’s office (ITC press clippings, donor/gift files, and traveling exhibit materials (to be destroyed)
- UA 16.03, UTSA. Office of University Advancement, 1 envelope of printed materials
- UA 99.0022, UTSA. Papers of Faculty and Staff, Cantú, Norma E., 6 boxes including 6 oversize items consisting of correspondence, realia, 1 framed broadside; 1 roll of oversize documents, and 4 tri-fold presentation boards of student work.
- UA 99.0022, UTSA. Papers of Faculty and Staff: Cantu, Norma E, electronic files on cds and 3 ½ disks.
- UA 16.03, UTSA. Office of University Advancement, , 1 cd: Lead SA 8th Annual Salute to Excellence Honoring Dr. Ricardo Romo-summary of President Romo’s accomplishments and impact on San Antonio.
Rare Books: 38 titles [January Title List]
UTSA Libraries Special Collections archives the output of small and fine presses in Texas. Although the current primary focus is on San Antonio presses, the work of other important Texas presses of importance is also collected. This past month, we were fortunate to be able to add several titles in near-pristine condition to the collection that showcase the work of Texas printer Bill Holman (also a one-time library administrator in San Antonio) and his son David Holman, principally at the Wind River Press in Austin, TX. To learn more about the history of printing arts in Texas, see this article from the Handbook of Texas Online.
- Texas Argonauts (1987) by Richard H. Dillon and illustrated by Charles Shaw. One of 450 copies printed at the Wind River Press. With announcement of publication.
- Memories of Horses and Wars (1984) by Don Hedgepeth, with photographs by Ernest Love. Offset printed at Wind River Press.
- 31 Psalms (1982) collected by D.C. Gibbs. One of 750 copies printed by David Holman. Printers copy, signed by David Holman.
- How to Conquer Texas before Texas Conquers Us (1978) by Edward Everette Hale. Printed by David Holman with typography by Bill Holman. With announcement of publication.
- That was Randado (1956) edited by John Houghton Allen and illustrated by Ed Lindlof. Copy 182 of 295 printed at Somesuch Press. Designed by Bill Holman and printed (and signed) by David Holman.