New Acquisitions for November 2012
December 13, 2012
- MS 400 Dietzel and Toepperwein Families papers, 1 box containing correspondence, tax records, receipts, stock purchases, etc.
- MS 348, Killis Almond and Associates, Inc. records, 24 boxes, consisting of project file , proposals, specs, and promotional materials, also included are approximately 140,000 electronic files (174 GB)
- UA 05.01 UTSA Library Office of the Dean, 1 box containing files of Assistant Dean Stephanie Wittenbach
- UA 16.01 UTSA University Communications records, 1 box with 13 VHS tapes of local news broadcasts related to UTSA
Rare Books: 24 titles [November Rare Books List]
Highlights – UTSA’s Mexican Cookbook collection also includes San Antonio and South Texas cookery titles. This month, we acquired several San Antonio Community Cookbooks from the 1950s-1980s:
- Tested Tasties. Cookbook of the Service Guild. Central Christian Church, San Antonio, Texas, 1956.
- Home Made Kitchen Magic. Cookbook of the Ladies Auxiliary of the Bracken Volunteer Fire Department. Volume 2. Bracken Community Route 3, San Antonio, Texas, 1974.
- Heritage Cook Book of Texas Garden Clubs, Inc., San Antonio, Texas 1976
- Wesley’s pantry. A fund raising project of United Methodist Women, Wesley United Methodist Church, 1981.
- Favorite recipes of San Antonio, Texas telephone employees. Compiled by James Bowie Club of the Telephone Pioneers of America, 1982.
- Our Favorites. Cookbook of the John Calvin Presbyterian Church, San Antonio, Texas, 1983
- Nowhere else but San Antonio. [NAPS Branch 103 Cookbook Committee], 1988.
- Seventy Fifty Anniversary Cook Book of the Grace Lutheran Church, San Antonio, Texas.