New Acquisitions for September 2012
October 18, 2012
- MS 297 Rancho Diana photograph collection, 5 folders of photographs from the 1950s and 1970s
- UA 99.0021, UTSA Papers of Faculty and Staff: Milk, Robert, Chair and Professor of Bilingual Bicultural Studies department, 12 boxes and 1.96 GB of electronic files
- UA 15.01.09, UTSA, ITC, Texas Folklife Festival, 4 boxes of participant information sheets and Folklife programs
- UA 99.0020, UTSA, Papers of Faculty and Staff: Perry, George, 12 cds and 4 3.5 inch floppies of electronic files which include emails and referee reports for Microscopy Research and Technique journal
Rare Books: 24 titles [September Title List]
- Cuernavaca and El Rio Balsas : a description of Southwest Mexico now being opened by the Mexican Central Railway [between 1895-1905] by the Mexican Central Railway Co.
This item promoted turn of the century travel to Cuernavaca, Morelos and the River Balsas, both southeast of Mexico City. It features photographs and descriptions of numerous tourist destinations in Cuernavaca, including a residence of the one-time Emperor Maximilian I and the Borda Garden, as well as rural scenes, such as a vine bridge over Rio Balsas.
- San Antonio & Aransas Pass Railway Official Time Tables. A Complete Table of All Stage Lines and Mail Routes, Corrected To March, 1894 (1894) by M.D. Monserrate includes not only time tables, but a system map, promotional material on railroad lands in Southwest Texas, and notes on several cities, including San Antonio, Boerne, and Corpus Christi, among others.