Acquisitions for August 2011
- MS 361, Slick (Tom) Papers, 78 linear feet
- MS 358, Nubian Notes Collection, .3 linear feet
- MS 331, San Antonio River Authority records, 76 linear feet
- MS 022, Women’s Overseas Service League records, .5 linear feet
- MS 031, San Antonio Fair, Inc. records, 2 chairs
- MS 357, U.S. Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer Related, 334 URLs
- UA 04.03.01, UTSA. Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, 1.25 linear feet
- UA 04.05, UTSA. UTSA. Institutional Effectiveness, Office of, 1.25 linear feet
- UA 19.07, UTSA. Writing Program, .1 linear feet
- UA 15.01.08, UTSA. ITC. Educational Programs Department, 2 linear feet
46 items [Complete title list for August]
- The magic of limping John by Frank Goodwyn (1944).
This is the 1st edition of a mid-century novel about a fiddler (who may or may not have magic powers), set in a predominantly Mexican American community in the area of Brownsville, Texas.
- Winning the border: Baptist missions among the Spanish-speaking peoples of the border. by Una Roberts Lawrence (1935).
Although the history of the Southwest is heavily intertwined with Catholic Missions and missionaries; protestant evangelicalism has also played a significant role, particularly in more recent periods. This text summarizes Baptist missionary efforts in Texas and elsewhere by the Home Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention.