New Acquisitions for May 2012
June 21, 2012
- MS 393, Catto (Henry E.) papers, 3 boxes, 3 framed photos, 3 albums &av materials
- MS 348, Killis Almond Associates, 3 oversized boxes and 6 record center cartons
- MS 201, Purdy (Virginia “Ginger) papers, 5 boxes
- MS 061 Austin (Helen Cloud) papers, folder
- MS 022 Women’s Overseas Service League Records, 7 partial boxes, 3 boxes
Rare Books: 21 titles [May Rare Books List ]
- Cocina to you : Mexican dishes for American kitchens by Natalie Scott (1942). Natalie Vivian Scott (1890-1957) was a New Orleans journalist and writer, who served in the Red Cross during both World Wars. Scott moved to Mexico in 1930, where she established a school and medical co-op, and wrote Cocina to You, which was one of the earlier cookbooks to provide adaptations of Mexican regional cuisine for American cooks. In 1953, a later edition was published as Mexican cook-book : Mexican dishes for American kitchens in 1953. To learn more about Scott’s life, see her personal papers at Tulane University.
- Furniture and Carpetsfrom Jordan and Moriarty (1884). This catalog from New York Furniture store Jordan and Moriarty offers a variety of interior furnishings to the Victorian middle class. UTSA Special Collections also holds an earlier Jordan and Moriarty catalog from around 1879, which is available in digital facsimile.